Thursday 3 May 2012

Welcome

Hi there, welcome to my blog.  I am a Secondary School Art Teacher with 5 years experience teaching Art at KS3, GCSE and A Level and teaching A Level Photography, A Level Textiles. I am currently on maternity leave and have started this blog to keep my mind active, to stay creative and to help me feel connected to my job in some small way through the sharing of ideas, thoughts, resources and experiences.
I have called this blog "Imitate then Innovate" because I feel they are inspirational words for both Art teachers, students and trainee teachers to remember when they are stuck for ways to proceed creatively.  Imitate the work of others, whether that be the work of other artists or other teachers, deviate from their idea, then innovate with your own idea.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog and I look forward to reading your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment